Страницы

суббота, 3 декабря 2011 г.

90. Boy George

Boy George

Since crashing back into the Top 100 DJs poll last year, it's been a hectic year for the man born George O'Dowd. “I've been joyfully busy,” he tells DJmag, joyfully. With at least two ...



 

Style: House and eclectic.
Best known for: Making the universe a gayer place!”
Tune of 2011: Love Will Tear Us Apart' by Nocturne The Blonde.
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Marc Vedo and David Penn as my top producers.
What's the future of DJing? Without the music we are nothing, but remember that house is the mother. Respect the past and embrace the future.
Favourite app? Twitter, because it keeps me connected to the people!
Discovery of the year? Kiev, I was there this year and it felt very sexy. I'm all over Eastern Europe.
Rediscovery of the year? Everything Starts With An E' getting the Loverush UK treatment. The '90s house revival is upon us!
Awkward Moment? Gaddafi saying 'My people are with me, my people love me!
Style or substance? These days it's more stylish to avoid substances. Sobriety is the new high!
Pet Hate? Talent shows and eliminations. Everything is a competition these days!
Since crashing back into the Top 100 DJs poll last year, it's been a hectic year for the man born George O'Dowd.
“I've been joyfully busy,” he tells DJmag, joyfully.
With at least two or three gigs a week, he's been traveling the globe, “and I've also been building up VG Records,” he says, the label that he runs with DJ/producer Marc Vedo. “I've been working with amazing singers like Sharlene Hector and John Gibbons, collaborating with Harry 'Choo Choo' Romero, and just loving life.”
One of music's best-known faces is going through another renaissance, and as well as doing some singing he's been fully immersed in electronic music and DJing again in 2011. “Dance music has been on fire this year, and I've stopped using CDs finally,” he reveals. “I'm a USBieber!”
The re-emergence of George the DJ has been scoffed at by a few cooler-than-thou jocks, but there's no doubting that he knows his onions - and has the history. A club regular and '80s pop star before some of the Top 100 were even born, he has club culture running through his veins - and no drugs or alcohol any more.
“I have to mention Carpe Diem in Croatia as my gig of the year,” George says before he departs. Legend! CARL LOBEN

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий