Страницы

понедельник, 5 декабря 2011 г.

32. Chuckie

Chuckie

Chuckie - fine purveyor of 'dirty Dutch' house music - has had a mega-busy year, but the Top 100 question about pet hates has him sharing the borderline racist attitudes he often has to f...


 
Style: Dirty funkin' Dutch house music
Best known for: Energetic live sets.
Tune of 2011: “Benny Benassi feat. Chris Brown 'Beautiful People'
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Skrillex
What's the future of DJing? Playing multi-tracks of a song so you can remix it live. And also you won't carry USBs or CDs any longer because you'll be able to log into your own server from the DJ booth and access all the files/(multi)tracks you need on the spot.
Favourite app? FlightAware Flight Tracker. It gives me all the flight information I need while I'm on the road
Discovery of the year? Cinnamon butter. During the Identity Festival in Tampa (FL) I discovered this phenomenon at the festival artist catering. It's highly recommended!
Rediscovery of the year? Erick 'More' Morillo 'Dancin' (A 'Little' 'More' Dub)' - an evergreen. This track is still sexy and groovy and I can fit it easily in a set with all 2011 (tech)house records.
Awkward Moment? “In February I played in Mexico City for the first time. I thought I was going to do just a regular club gig, but when I got on stage I saw 8000 Mexican fans waiting for my set! It looked more like the amount of people for a big live concert instead of a DJ gig
Style or substance?
Pet Hate? Prejudiced people. I really don't like it when people judge a book by the cover
Chuckie - fine purveyor of 'dirty Dutch' house music - has had a mega-busy year, but the Top 100 question about pet hates has him sharing the borderline racist attitudes he often has to face when flying around the world. “I have it all the time when I'm at the airport, I'm always the one that happens to be the 'random pick' for a heavy search through my bags,” he says. “One time there was a guy on the same flight that asked the flight attendant to double-check my seat number because he couldn't believe that I was flying business class too!”
The sometime BBC Radio 1 man has been on the road most of the year, playing gigs like Creamfields (Australia), Sensation and Identity festivals and his residencies at Pacha Ibiza, Lavo New York, Marquee Las Vegas and Liv Miami. As detailed below, he had no idea his music was doing so well in places like Mexico. “And to be honest, I felt like a little rock star that night!” Chuckie chuckles. “Ha ha ha!”
Chuckie's also been in love with his studio again in the last year. “I've been working on my album with some amazing artists,” he teases. “Get ready!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий