Страницы

воскресенье, 4 декабря 2011 г.

50. Andy Moor

Andy Moor

In last year's Top 100 issue, trance mainstay Andy Moor from the UK vowed to concentrate more on production this year. So did he manage to do this? “This year has been very productive for...






Style: Progressive trance.

Best known for: Being a DJ/producer.

Tune of 2011: Arty & Mat Zo 'Rebound'

Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Andrew Bayer.

What's the future of DJing? Despite technological advancements, I think a lot of the future is contained within the past - sustaining the roots of what being a DJ actually is, taking people on a musical journey and re-emphasising the essence of DJing.

Favourite app? Kayak app, it allows me to easily book a new flight home when I fall asleep in the airport terminal.

Discovery of the year? A potato that looked like a rat. Tasted nice though.

Rediscovery of the year? Evolution 'Walking On Fire'. I remember this tune teaching me that simplicity can be more important than complication.

Awkward Moment? Having the generators fail whilst I was playing at a festival, with 30k clubbers in full swing suddenly staring at me and wondering what has happened.

Style or substance? Style doesn't exist without substance.

Pet Hate? Genre definition.
In last year's Top 100 issue, trance mainstay Andy Moor from the UK vowed to concentrate more on production this year. So did he manage to do this? “This year has been very productive for me,” he begins. “There have been so many highlights, with the festivals and club gigs being amazing, and although my tour schedule has been a little crazy there has still been enough time to be productive elsewhere.”
Hinting that his gig schedule has continued to eat into most of his working weeks, he explains that he still remained focused on DJ sets in whatever form they come in - “the Moor Music podcast has doubled in frequency, and I have squeezed in two compilations” - while still finding time to create some new tracks in the studio. “My own productions have been plentiful, and I am now looking forward to finishing off the album,” he says. CARL LOBEN

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий