Страницы

воскресенье, 4 декабря 2011 г.

49. Orjan Nilsen

Orjan Nilsen

We interrupt Norwegian DJ Orjan Nilsen just as he's taking a well-deserved break from a punishing four months spent constantly on the road. “I've worked my ass off. I've been travelling a...






Style: Trance, progressive house, techno

Best known for: “People like me because I'm quite diverse when it comes to making music

Tune of 2011: “Sander Van Doorn 'Koko'

Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Arty

What's the future of DJing? “I think we're staring right down the barrel of it. The future is here.

Favourite app? The one I use most of all is the Twitter app. It's addictive

Discovery of the year? “Tasmanian Devil. I saw one in Australia, it's a little freak of nature, it's like a cat but it's not a cat, it's like a wolf but it's not a wolf and they have red ears, they're really cool

Rediscovery of the year? Definitely 'Tears From The Moon' by Sinead O'Connor, the Tiësto mix. It's one of the biggest classics, it's filled with emotion and memories for me.

Awkward Moment? I think when one of my CDs stopped at the Monday Bar and there was total silence

Style or substance? Substance. It doesn't matter what style it is

Pet Hate? People writing to me in languages I can't understand, it bugs me because I really want to know what they're saying but I can't understand it.
We interrupt Norwegian DJ Orjan Nilsen just as he's taking a well-deserved break from a punishing four months spent constantly on the road. “I've worked my ass off. I've been travelling all over the world and making music like there's no tomorrow,” he muses.

The news of his entry into the Top 100 DJs poll took him by surprise, he says, although he did own up that he'd been hoping and waiting for this moment for about six or seven years. “It feels good, but I'm a little bit stunned,” he admits to DJmag.

This summer has been a rosy one with the release of his debut album, 'In My Opinion', through Armada. It stormed the trance world, turning the heads of Armin Van Buuren, Above & Beyond and Markus Schulz.
A tour of the States really struck a chord for Orjan who confessed to being addicted to it. “I'm going back at least four times a year now.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий