Страницы

суббота, 3 декабря 2011 г.

81. Roger Sanchez

Roger Sanchez

Despite being a veteran of the house scene, 2011 has still been an exciting year for American DJ/producer Roger Sanchez. His Release Yourself night returned to Ibiza once more, but also ...



 
Style: House!
Best known for: 'Another Chance'
Tune of 2011: “Roger Sanchez 'Worldwide'
Breakthrough DJ/Producer of 2011: Luciano.
What's the future of DJing? We'll be DJing on light-projected software soon - like in the movie Minority Report!
Favourite app? My Roger Sanchez App, of course!
Discovery of the year? The Jawbone Jambox - great sound in a sexy little box that also doubles as a Bluetooth speaker for your phone.
Rediscovery of the year? MK 'Burning'. I've always loved this track and I've been looping it and dropping it during my darker, techier sets.
Awkward Moment? My daughter randomly asking me for a Black Card while we were shopping - she's four-years-old!
Style or substance? Substance. Something can look good and not work, which is useless. I'd rather have the thing that works.
Pet Hate? Cigarettes, I can't stand them! I'm allergic to them and they just smell disgusting, especially on a waiter's breath while he is serving you.
Despite being a veteran of the house scene, 2011 has still been an exciting year for American DJ/producer Roger Sanchez. His Release Yourself night returned to Ibiza once more, but also made regular stop-offs in Turkey, at Ministry Of Sound in London, and at Cavo Paradiso in Mykonos, whilst the man behind it has been busy re-discovering an old musical form…
“I think one of the things I've been re-inspired by recently is an underground, old school and techier vibe,” enthuses the Queens, NYC-born mainstay. “I brought back one of my classic monikers, The S Man, for that reason, so I could make some stuff with old, dark, New York basslines done in a techy way. It's like I've split my sound in two - now I have a main room sound and a dark back room sound. Because of that, I really enjoyed playing Space this summer. I could really run the gamut there and play everything in one set.
“I've worked on a new multimedia show with extra flashing lights. I control the visuals on my iPad and play four decks at the same time: it's been pretty intense,” continues the man who also released a B52s-sampling hit, '2gether', along with Far East Project, in 2011.
For a taste of the new techy vibe Sanchez has honed in on, there's a new single with Dutch house sensation Sidney Samson on the way. “And I'm finishing my next artist album, so I can't wait to get that done,” he says. KRISTAN J CARYL

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий